Compaq Presario SR1010NX: Problem,Plug computer in and front panel light(long skinny green light below PWR button)blinks and computer does nothing. Replaced PWR supply and now no light nothing ! Have built many computers so know what I an doing but this is not mine
so I do not know it's history and can not find anything about this light on the compaq website.
Please I need a clue. Thanks.

me2

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

i think the long green light is hard drive activity indicator

Green is PSU, blinking should be a big tattle tale. Red is SUPPOSED to be HD activity.

I have a presario with the same light you are talking about.... It is NOT the HD indicator.. (people should not just guess on forums) There is a small LED light located about an inch and a half UNDER the green Power light, THAT is the HD indicator. Everything I have read says it's most likely a bad power supply unit (PSU). Replace with at least a 300W unit.

Cheers,

~Mike

(people should not just guess on forums), long skinny green light below PWR button And your point isssss?

Suggest you cut down on caffeine and/or remove toothpicks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.