Hi I was wondering if somebody could help me. I'm building a computer for the first time I have everything installed and connected in my case. I'm using

motherboard: Asus P5QL PRO
Processor: Intel Dual-Core 45nm, 6mb
RAM: A-data DDR2
Power supply: 500w
Video card: Asus 9500Gt TOP

When I start the computer the light turns on the front and on the motherboard. I also get power to the processors fan and the CD/DVD drivers work as well. I don't hear any beeps at all and no signal to the monitor. There is a cable that is connect on the video card that is connect to the OUT S/PDIF plug on the motherboard. Could I have fried the motherboard or Processor or is there something I can try. The manual with the motherboard said something about Jumpers, but I didn't think that I had to do anything with that to make it work. If anybody can help with this it would be great.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

The only reason I can think of to plug a cable from motherboard to graphics card is for audio that comes through to your graphics card's HDMI out plug. I'd disconnect this cable.

Do you have 2 sticks of RAM? If so, try just using 1 in the slot closest to the CPU. If this doesn't work try the other stick. Try it in the slot furthest from the CPU also.

Check the Asus website to be sure that motherboard supports the latest 45nm quads without a BIOS update. If it needs a BIOS update first, you'll need a compatible CPU to do the update, which is a PITA.

Let us know how you get on.

OK well to update this issue. I have remove the cable for the video card, but this didn't seem to work. I switched the cable that came with my monitor with a DVI cable. This did work for some weird reason my monitor came on. The Bios got installed and windows as well and it was working, until I removed an older keyboard/mouse I was using, with newer ones. It seems to freeze windows when I plugged something into the mobo. I then started getting the same issue as before. No power to the monitor or anything else. I'm thinking that the mobo might have an issue. Any thoughts.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.