My PC was working fine a few days ago but when I turned it on today it wouldn't work. At first it seemed normal because it started loading and everything, but after that when the blue welcome screen is suppose to come up there's nothing but a blackscreen. I tried several times and the same thing happened.

So first it said things like checking hard drives, loading and verifying devices, then it just blacked out. I think there were some problems with registry files the days before it crashed, but I didn't really fix them. Now I really regret that because I have some important files in there and I forgot to save them for backup.

Here are my questions:
Is there any way I can fix it without re-installing?
Is there a way I can re-install but keep all my files and software?

Please HELP!!!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Try boot PC and pressing down the F8 key and select the Last Known Good Configuration from the boot menu.

if this still not working, try safe mode then.

Try boot PC and pressing down the F8 key and select the Last Known Good Configuration from the boot menu.

if this still not working, try safe mode then.

I tried all this, but the same result came up.
thanks anyway.

I tried all this, but the same result came up.
thanks anyway.

Sounds like you may have some corruption.

Make sure you unplug all devices while trying to solve this one!

Are you using Windows and if so what version e.g. XP, VISTA?

YOu can take the Hard disk and 'slave' it onto another desktop, then backup all your files and software.
Then you can reinstall the OS.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.