I am looking to buy a middle to low end laptop. Doing a lot of internet work and some work with digital pictures. I'm looking in the range of $550-$650 and am very confused as to:
whether I should go with AMD or Pentium
faster FSB is better or faster processor speed is better
do older printers and software work with 64bit;
what role does the 32 or 64 bit play in a computer

All computers in my range are around 5400rpm. Here are 3 computers I've been looking at.

*HP with AMD Turion™ X2 dual-core mobile processor RM-70; 4GB DDR2 memory; 64 bit, firewire or PCM... slot Memory expandable to 8GB

*Toshiba w/ AMD Turion™ 64 X2 dual-core mobile technology TL-60; 3GB DDR2 SDRAM;

*Toshiba with Intel Pentium dual core, T3200 operating at 2.0GHz
Up to 667MHz frontside bus
3GB of PC2-6400 DDR2 SDRAM memory
250GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA (SATA) hard drive

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Contributors
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by mechbas

whether I should go with AMD or Pentium Both are good, however, you'll pay through the nose for a IBM chip.
faster FSB is better or faster processor speed is better FSB speed is fixed. Speed is from faster (& more expensive CPU & RAM)
do older printers and software work with 64bit; apples v. oranges. printers depend on updated drivers f/64bit hd/sw. Software might, depends on OS.
what role does the 32 or 64 bit play in a computer more roads to send the same info through. 32bit usually refers to bus speed, however, it could also mean FAT32 which sounds the same but isn't.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.