I am trying to find any information on the cable that is connected to the monitor which does not come out. Mine is damaged and I don't want to have to spend hundreds of dollars for a new monitor for just the cable being bad.
Does anyone know what it is called and where I can get one?
I was able to find the extention cable for it but I need to know if I open up the casing on the monitor, is it going to be the same male/female connection?

13 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Revyrah

If the monitor cable is damaged and does not unplug from the back of the monitor (i.e. it goes inside with no easy removal) then I think you just may have to buy a new monitor. You cannot easily replace that cable yourself - it involves opening up the monitor and properly wiring up a new one. Paying a repair shop to do it for you may be so expensive as to not be worth it. My old 17" CRT had a damaged cable and an installed replacement was going to cost $110. Considering I could buy a brand new 17" for $80 more, it wasn't worth it.

See if you can get a free quote from a repair shop first.


Gotcha. Thanks for the info. I guess it is time for a nice monitor now anyway. Time to save.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.