HalibutStance 0 Newbie Poster

Back a couple of weeks ago, although lately it feels like a lifetime ago, I was receiving McAfee pop-up notifications on boot-up, that the security suite had detected StealthMBR!mbr in any &/or all of the following locations: G:\, G:\Desktop.ini, I:\ and I:\Desktop.ini. The F drive is my boot drive on my computer, and the G was one of 3 partitions on a physical drive (the others being E and H). I went to the nice folks over at the MalWare Removal forum and, to make a looooong story short (sorta), I eventually ran Dr. Web CureIt, whch found 3 items: "Infected with BackDoor.MaosBoot". All 3 instances were stated by the propts to be located at F:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.windows.gdiplus_6595b64144ccf1df_1.0.2600.5581_x-ww_dfbc4fc4\gdiplus.dll, if that makes any difference. I elected to repair, and after the repairs were effected the computer rebooted, with no McAfee Trojan notifications upon startup.

However, when I tried to access some files on the F drive the following morning, I found that the drive was apparently no longer there. I went to the Disk Management console and saw that the physical disc on which the E, G and H drives resided was described as an "unknown" disc that was "not initialized", and under the drive graphic it was, and still is, described as "128.00GB / unallocated." Argh. There is an awful lot of Stuff on these 3 drives that I would really, REALLY hate to lose, and this is, to quote Sylvester, the cartoon mountain lion, a revoltin' development. Asking rhetorically; Is it related to the Trojan removal? I don't know, but I suppose the possibility exists; hence all the foregoing history.

I've seen older posts on a variety of forums which have alleged fixes for similar situations in a bewildering range of iterations, some of these dating from as far back as five or six years ago. One of the more recent ones (which is actually from 2009) talks about something called The Unstoppable Copier from Roadkil.net, making it sound like the silver bullet for this kind of issue. Problem is I'm not THAT tech savvy, and I couldn't figure out from the post or from the website what exactly it is that I might need, hardware-, software-, or intelligence-wise, to allow this wacky thing to work its magic, or how exactly to make it do whatever it is that it's supposed to do. I'm, like, way open to suggestions as to what would be the current state-of-the-art way to try to keep that physical drive from turning into a relatively ineffective doorstop. Any and all of your brilliant contributions to this thread will be greatly appreciated. Cheers, y'all.