Iv recently acquired a EMPREX single layer 8X DVD burner. Not the greatest of makes i know. The problem is whenever i try and burn certain files it comes up with an error message as if it cant find the file its trying to burn. The files in questions are thousands of photo's, i have looked through them and found that for a few files, although windows sees the file, it wont open it, as if it is corrupt, and i wonder if this is the problem, is there any way to get rid of these corrupt files?

Cheers
John

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Iv recently acquired a EMPREX single layer 8X DVD burner. Not the greatest of makes i know. The problem is whenever i try and burn certain files it comes up with an error message as if it cant find the file its trying to burn. The files in questions are thousands of photo's, i have looked through them and found that for a few files, although windows sees the file, it wont open it, as if it is corrupt, and i wonder if this is the problem, is there any way to get rid of these corrupt files?

Cheers
John

I doubt if the burner cares if the any of the picture files are corrupt,what burning software and what type/format of blank dvd are you trying to use .
Also if the picture files on you harddrive are corrupt just right click on the file in question and delete it .

I doubt if the burner cares if the any of the picture files are corrupt,what burning software and what type/format of blank dvd are you trying to use .
Also if the picture files on you harddrive are corrupt just right click on the file in question and delete it .

Iv used several differnt types of software CDBurner XP pro and burnatonce, both small freeware programs, the DVD's are 8x Budget DVD -R. I have managed to burn other files onto DVD, just not theses specific ones. Some of the files will show an icon but when you try and open them they say they dont exsist, i wonder whether this may be the problem?

Some of the files will show an icon but when you try and open them they say they dont exsist

Sounds like you are try to axcess old shortcuts!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.