Hello,

I currently have Dell Optiplex gx270. Computer's specs are: Pentium 4CPU, 2.8Ghz, 2.79 GHz, 512MB of Ram, FSB: DRAM is 1:1, DRAM Frequency: 199.5MHz, Memory Type: DDR, channels: dual.

I'd like to expand my memory to at least 2GB but don't even know where to start. Do I go to the store and choose any memory card? Is there anything I need to pay attention to? Will any memory card work with my computer? Can you suggest something that will not put me in foreclosure? :)

Thank you :)

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I just upgraded my Dell. If you go to their website, they will walk you through the correct modules (and sell them to you). There are also several websites that will direct you to less expensive modules if you enter the information on the model and the os. I was just on Crucial.com and they have a good tool.

yeah go here

http://www.crucial.com/

It will detect what type and speed of RAM you need. You can buy from them too. Also gives information like how much it can support and whether it needs to be installed in pairs.

I just checked the website and it's AWESOME! That's exactly what I needed - Thanks guys! :)

The physical installation isnt too hard either and the box comes with some generalised instructions as well just in case.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.