I recently bought an OEM Q6700 and put it into my motherboard complete with a brand new cooler for it. Everything was working fine before I turned it off, and then installed it without a hitch. When I turned it back on, I get power, all fans are working, but I am getting no video. I've double and triple checked all connections, and the heatsink doesn't feel like the processor is overheating.

My only guess is that my motherboard (MSI MS-7210 v3.0) for some odd reason is having an issue with it. I'm running everything on a 550W power supply, and I've tried unplugging most non-essentials to see if it was a power issue, to no avail.

Can anyone help me out or even point me in the right direction? It would be much appreciated.
-Rich

did you consider protecting yourself from electro magnetic dis-charge before handling the processor-if not you probably fried your new chip or another part of your pc

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.