Can you please provide the configuration details of your computer.

RAM:
Processor:
MB:
VGA Card and its memory:

Also pls tell us how much memory does ur game require.

Can you please provide the configuration details of your computer.

RAM:
Processor:
MB:
VGA Card and its memory:

Also pls tell us how much memory does ur game require.

Ram: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) 5-5-5-15

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 (at 2.4 atm)

MB:GIGABYTE GA-X38-DQ6 LGA 775 Intel X38

VGA and its memory: EVGA 512-P3-N841-A3 GeForce 8800GTS (G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0

Well, this happens with all my games but I mainly test fallout 3. That game I believe can take up to 512mb to 1gig of ram. and with vista ultimate 64 bit, that alone takes up 1gig.

But like I've previously stated, I can run games perfectly with my 1 stick of 2 gig ram, no matter the timings. The computer locks up when I play the games or do anything on my computer that's stressful to the RAM with the 2 2gig sticks.....which is odd.

what type game that you playing ?
at that time that u play the game the system go to turn off or you saw a blue screen ?

what type game that you playing ?
at that time that u play the game the system go to turn off or you saw a blue screen ?

I'm playing an First person shooter RPG, but that's not the only game my computer crashes on...

And there's no blue screen. My computer just locks up at the game screen. My computer sounds as if it were still running, but I can't get out of the game, I can't hibernate, or alt tab out. Nor, can I hit control alt delete. I have to hard reset the computer.

im posting to say i have exactly the same problem i have 2 2gig i bough brand new i got a new os motherboard cpu power supply unit . and it seem to be exactly the same, and before with my 1.5gig of ram it was fine =/

im posting to say i have exactly the same problem i have 2 2gig i bough brand new i got a new os motherboard cpu power supply unit . and it seem to be exactly the same, and before with my 1.5gig of ram it was fine =/

Hi, and welcome to Daniweb :)
Start up a new thread of ur own, (can have a similar title to this one), post ur machine's specs and ur symptoms. You have a better chance of getting help that way, and we here have a better chance of learning what the Dickens is going on with ur computers!

Ta

Well, if anyone is still here, I've tested my old RAM and so far that seems to be working again....but I doubt it'll work for long. btw this old ram is 4-4-4-12 at 677. It's total crap. Don't know about my G. Skill but I can only assume that my mobo must not be compatible with this ram. Just going to RMA the ram.

Check this list, Zazabar. It's direct link for your mobo RAM aproved list, by Gigabyte.

Edit:
Hmmm.. there is no DDR2 at 1066 FSB

There is one that is overclocked to 1200.. Maybe you should try that trick?

If anyone around still is interested, I've RMA'd the ram. So Now I'm back to my old 667 crap corsair ram. It so far hasn't really crashed anything yet, but my games don't run very well with it. I also haven't tried the fallout 3 test.

I did put in an extra stick of ram (same brand just different timings and speed) so now I have 3 gigs of ram, all running at 4-4-4-12 and 667. Tried playing some flatout and the game seemed to run fine but locked up again within 5 minutes.

So it seems my motherboard hates anything higher than 2 gigs of ram and anything more than 1 stick of ram. I'm sure that isn't right...but wtf is a man to do?

and sorry chaky, i didn't even get an email that said you responded to my topic! shoot, it's too late to try that trick now, but possibly when I buy new ram, if it doens't work at the preset settings.

i have asus server board in that my sata HDD s are not detected please help in that how to rectify....

@ Zazabar
Mixing different sticks of ram is not a good idea. You can expect freezes and BSODs.

@ rumeshkumar
Start a new thread!

So I see not much has happened here....I did purchase new RAM and it turns out, this ram also does the same. It also crashed after about 2 minutes prior to starting up.

So it must be the motherboard. Not sure what tho exactly, but it just has to be the motherboard. Unless anyone out there can assume something else?

New ram, as G.Skill?

Also, your CPU might be the root of the problems aswell, but nevertheless, if it isn't RAM, then my money is on mobo.

Nah I got OCZ ram this time. pretty much same timings and 1066 along with 2 2gig sticks.

How may the cpu be causing me some problems?

CPUs have implemented memory controllers. As far as I understand, you problems come to light when you plug in 2 Gig sticks. Memory controller is one responible of allocating memory addresses (read: using those gigs) and that is where the faliure might occur in your case, but I kind of doubt that it would be the case with 2 Gig sticks only. It would likely show with any sticks.

My advice is:

If the mobo warrany is still valid, take the PC to the same PC shop you bought your mobo, or (if bought online) to any PC shop that is willing to RMA your mobo (since it is probbably mobo). Staff there will quickly diagnose the problem, and they will replace it and bring you the bill...

If the mobo warrany expired, expect a bigger bill.

I'd think it be cheaper to just buy a new mobo.

No. It would be buying a new mobo. Only difference between that and actually buying a mobo is that i+your PC would get positive confirmation that it is a mobo that needs replacing.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.