Hi, is it possible for a monitor to be suddenly unable to display 1280X800 res in games? it's a hp 530 laptop with intel 945 chipset....until one week ago I had no such problem...thank You

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

It's most likely to be a driver issue with the graphics driver, try reinstalling it.

couple of days ago I reinstalled xp , downloaded the same driver I used before, nothing changed, the problem remained...

Did you do a clean install or a repair install?

clean install with disc formatting.....:-(((

Have a look for a different driver perhaps!?!

I tried intel 965 chipset but my laptop doesn't meet the requirements...Anyway, until now the 945 card worked just fine..that's why I don't understand...

Do you have SP3 installed? I ask because I have had issues with SP3 and ended up uninstalling it.

yep, sp3 I have.....You mean that could be the problem????? I never would've thought ......

I'm not saying it is the cause, but it's a possibility!

Is there something within event viewer that will shed more light on your problem? INSTRUCTIONS

well, since I reinstalled xp a few days ago, I won't find out what had happened back then, with the new xp I had quite a few errors, like hang application rundll32.exe , or ' the image monitor service terminated with the following error: adynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed....LOL, had this been written in chinese, would've understand to the same extent....:-D

How much ram does your machine have?

Report Date: 08/12/2009
Report Time[hr:mm:ss]: 15:22:30
Driver Version: 6.14.10.4859
Operating System: Windows XP* Professional, Service Pack 3 (5.1.2600)
Default Language: English
DirectX* Version: 9.0
Physical Memory: 1015 MB
Minimum Graphics Memory: 8 MB
Maximum Graphics Memory: 128 MB
Graphics Memory in Use: 10 MB
Processor: x86 family 6 Model 14 Stepping 12
Processor Speed: 1828 MHZ
Vendor ID: 8086
Device ID: 27AE
Device Revision: 03

I guess You find the answer here somewhere....sorry, don't really know what's what when it comes to computers...

I have 0.99 Gbyte RAM :-)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.