Please help ! My moniters display messed up cpl of days ago.. It is on but too bright n leaving imprints ie: when i scroll the page down it leave some sort of trail or if i switch from one webpage 2 another, the 1st pages prints goes off very slowly n second comes become clearer after a while n even den its not very clear.. its very hazy...
Hoping for some help..Thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Give more information. What are your:

Operating System?
System Specs (RAM, Processor speed)?
Video Card?
Monitor?

Give more information. What are your:

Operating System?
System Specs (RAM, Processor speed)?
Video Card?
Monitor?

hey donald,
Operating System - Windows XP Prof.
256 RAM, Just upgraded harddrive from 40 (originally)to 160 GB
M not too gud with computers (Except Surfing) so dunno bout video card.or moniter.sorry.Lemme know how to chek these
Its Acer Laptop bought in 2005 n i just cant affford a new 1..
Thanks heaps..

Well, to check the video card you want to right-click on "My Computer" and select "Properties." From the system properties window select the "Hardware" tab and, from there select "Device Manager." When the device manager opens up, click on the "+" beside "Display Adapters" to expand that item and it will display what kind of video card you have. Being on a laptop though, it's likely integrated video and a new video card wouldn't be an easy fix.

With respect to it being too bright, did you try turning down the brightness? On laptops, the brightness is usually adjusted by pressing the [Fn] (function) key and either one of the F# keys or a number key. They are usually indicated by a little picture of a light bulb/sunshine with an up/down arrow.

If it just started a few days ago, did anything big happen? Did you install any new software or update the OS? Have you done a virus/spyware/spybot/malware/ect. scan? Did you have a big storm or any kind of power outages/issues?

I ask about RAM and OS because I was thinking that it might just be some of the goofy "advanced" display stuff that XP and newer systems do sometimes, which can display poorly if you don't have much ram (and 256 isn't much at all anymore). Check out newegg for whatever kind of RAM the laptop takes and see if there is any that fits in your budget. Also, try disabling any of the display effects (anti-aliasing, smooth fonts, smooth scrolling, display window contents while dragging, etc.) and switch to the "Windows classic theme" rather than the XP theme. This should use less memory for the integrated video output and help out if it's a memory issue. Most of these settings can be found in the display settings which you reach by right-clicking anywhere on the desktop and choosing properties. Poke around in there (and the "advanced" buttons within) and turn off any effects you find.

Hi Donald, .. My Display Card is -SiSM760GX.
Tried all stuff dat u advised but none worked. a frnd told me to RUN- regedit command but not sure how to do it?
a frnd even came 2 my place n downloaded some sorta driver (not sure what sort).. but it didnt work either..
Help..plz

Hmm, not sure what you'd need to do in the registry editor.

Anyway, HERE is the manufacturer FAQ for your card. Check it out and see if they have any support for your problem. Maybe consider trying to contact them.

HERE is the driver download location for your card. You must agree to their user agreement, select "Window XP" for your OS, "IGP Graphics Drivers" from the middle box and "Sis66x/Sis76x & Sis67x" in the third box and click "GO." Choose your download location for the newest driver (v3.90 as far as I can tell). Download and install this to make sure that you have the newest driver directly from the manufacturer.

As per the FAQ: Check your VBIOS version, go to "Control Pannel"->"Display"->"Settings"->"Advanced"->"Administrator"->"Product information", and you can see the VBIOS information, please check if it is updated to 2.28.00 or later. If it's not that version or newer, you need to update your VBIOS as necessary; the procedure for which, I believe, will depend on your MoBo.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.