goremachine 0 Newbie Poster

Motherboard: Foxconn P55MX(no sound card)
Windows Vista 64bit SP1

The Problem:
If I plug a microphone into the microphone jack, my system's sound output will eventually cut out completely. The only way to get the sound back on is to restart. Sometime the sound will cut out in a few minutes, sometimes longer. If i open a game like World of Warcraft, the sound cuts out quickly. However, the microphone still records.

If I have a microphone plugged in, my system sound playback stops, if there is no microphone plugged in the problem does not occur.

There are no error messages. Windows says the drivers and sound devices are working properly.

I've tried different sound drivers(Different versions of Realtek and Microsoft's default driver). I've tried different speakers. I've tried different microphones. I've tried not opening games, and only using music playback for testing, I've tried opening different games. In every case the sound playback is guaranteed to cut out IF there is a microphone plugged in.

Any help will be appreciated.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.