Hello everyone. After leaving the computer for 2 days turned off, I found out it won't post. The PSU feeds power to everything, fans, HDD, ram, GPU, but it won't post. I haven't changed anything, this happened suddenly. I'm using it normally and shutting down, and then two days later, it just won't boot.

I got around to booting it by holding the Power button down for 10 seconds, then pushing it again. Used the PC fully for 10 days (without powering it down), even tried hardware-exhausting stuff such as benchmarks and the latest 3D games. I memcheck'ed the RAM.

I got the PC down to barebone, just CPU and RAM, still no post. Removing the RAM does cause the speaker to beep the known "no RAM" tone, but using any of the two dimms I have won't let the computer post anymore.

I (to my stupidness) followed everyone's comment and spend 70 euros and bought a new Mobo. I had a friend replace the motherboard and connect everything, still same result. I used a different PSU, getting power from it only to the motherboard and CPU just to try it, still no post or any other beep. I've even unhooked the front USB cables, in case they short-circuited.

So now we're down to CPU and the graphics card I assume, but even those have me scratching my head, as the computer went from no boot to full-blown usage for hours while playing games or doing CPU intensive stuff with no failure.

Any ideas?

[ Core 2 Duo E6750 (@ 3.2) / GIGABYTE P35-DS3 (now ASUS P5QL/EPU) / 2GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2 PC6400 / MSI NX8800GTS 640 OC / 80GB SATA + 160 GB SATA + 160 GB SATAII ]

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Clear the CMOS. Find the jumper and reset it then see if it posts.

My system did not enter desktop but it is walking perfectly?

I was instruct as an engineering an office where by there server did not see any other system again, what is the solution to this kind of problems?

I have did so
but is still have disame problems

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.