Hello,
I have an Acer Aspire 5520-5912 Laptop that has a geforce 7000m video card in it with 2gb ram. When I start the computer I get no POST screen, however the backlight is still on. I can plug in another monitor into the side of it and boot into an operating system, and nothing changes. The operating systems I have installed are Windows 7 and Ubuntu 9.10. In either of them, the screen will dim on the laptop if the cursor is not moved and as soon as I move the cursor it brightens up, there are just no images displayed. Only black

It recovered one time before when I had an external monitor hooked up while I was in Ubuntu, I reset the desktop by running a command in the terminal and then the display came back with no problems. Both times the display went black, I left the computer Idle in Ubuntu. But I don't really think a software problem in Ubuntu would cause the whole computer to be affected including the BIOS and POST screens.

Do you think my display is bad?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi, Did you find a solution for this problem? I have the exact same problem (even getting it to work once after hooking up an external monitor) with the same model.
Any ideas or fixes?
Thanks!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.