hi there,hope you can help. i have a dell demension 4600 pent 4 xp sp3.1.5 gig ram 80gig hard drive:).i came home to find my pc was making a clicking sound and wouldn't do anything except tell me to press f1 or f2. f1 did nothing and f2 took me to the bios screen.i search your forum and found out it might be the battery so i changed this went to bios and reset the clock but i haven't a clue what i do next.when i turn on my pc i can only go to bios mode.i do not know what settings if any i am suppose to change.i would be very grateful for any help i might receive.dell were no help at all unless i was willing to cough up loads of money.my warrenty has only just ran out.( typical )

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

A clicking sound? Well then I would check out the hard disk.... There are only a few "moving" parts on a computer and if there was a physical clicking then I would start there.

HTHs

thank you for the reply.i have taken out the hard drive and checked it i can't see anything wrong,i have also taken out the memory and cleaned them but with little sucess except i now get the error message problem loading operating system.i will keep trying cheers nicko

thank you for the reply.i have taken out the hard drive and checked it i can't see anything wrong,i have also taken out the memory and cleaned them but with little sucess except i now get the error message problem loading operating system.i will keep trying cheers nicko

thats a hard drive problem, if your getting errors on boot and a clicking sound but you can still go to the bios 99% sure you have an internal hard drive error ie. you cant see it. take it to a best buy geek squad or a friend and get it checked there.

Hey buddy i hope that that you will also help me.I have an intel board 865 There is a problem with its bios.The version of board is not there so is there any way to know the version so i refresh the bios ?

Neoprene Ski Mask
Motorcycle Face Masks
Cold Weather Clothing

hey buddy ,how about reading the rules and start you own thread and explain you problems ,thanks

hey buddy ,how about reading the rules and start you own thread and explain you problems ,thanks

cheers for the reply mate.i will take it to a mate to sort it,bit beyond my capabilities..cheers anyway..nicko

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.