Hi guys,

everything was fine until the latest install of XP. Since that time my sound card cannot be found. I tried to install all sorts of drivers, some of them complain about some errors and do not go through. What do I do????

this is the sound card - SiS 7012 Audio
PLEASE, HELP OR MY LAPTOP WILL FLY OUT OF THE WINDOW (XP!!)!!!

Contributors
Replies
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by jindalarpan

Hi chuda,
use the system "Restore" in XP to "rollback" the XP update you just did to an earlier version.
If that doesn't work..then..
re-install a previous version of XP (without the SP1 or SP2 ..etc) that worked for you before. If you don't know which one you were using just start from the beginning & re-test your sound card after EACH & EVERY new update.
It's not at all unusual for Windows "updates" to crash something on the computer.
Post back here with the good news/results OR if you need more help.
Good Luck :D
RGPHNX

Hi guys,

everything was fine until the latest install of XP. Since that time my sound card cannot be found. I tried to install all sorts of drivers, some of them complain about some errors and do not go through. What do I do????

this is the sound card - SiS 7012 Audio
PLEASE, HELP OR MY LAPTOP WILL FLY OUT OF THE WINDOW (XP!!)!!!

u dont need to do anything
just go on the link below and download this driver and it will work for ur machine and let me know if u face any problem still

http://www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/sis7012.html

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.