Aykon 0 Newbie Poster

I am facing an interesting situation. My web server is a very nifty P4 machine that works fine most times. It works as a web application portal, a shoutcast station server, and a file server. When running under Linux it seems to be pretty functional, but when using it as a Windows server it has problems. I want to use it as a Windows 2003 server to handle an entire ASP.NET application server. I am not at all concerned with doing this as I have done it many times.

However, now comes the problem. The board has only 256 MB RAM. Now, granted, this is RamBUS ram that runs at about 800Mhz but 256 fills up fast with all of these apps running.

So here is my thought, I have a few old 2GB Hard Drives that I have no problems using as nothing but RAM...however, the only way I know to make that happen is using Windows Virtual Memory. Has anyone ever done something like make a whole HD server as RAM? And if so how did it work? Was their anything special you had to do?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.I do want to metion that I have a Bachelor's in IT so if you don't insult my intelligence I won't insult you. ;)