HP laptop was working fine, it was left on for an hour this morning and then someone tried to change users and the screen went blank. Power button still has light as does the internet button so there is power.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

hi, hold down the power button till it shuts off ,reboot what happens ,if nothing ,you also might try removing the battery then try turning on again

If you are connected to the internet disconnect from it before restarting.

I've come across this before with newer HP laptops, especially mini's. The only fix I have found is to remove the ac adapter and battery and open it up and remove the CMOS battery and then replace it. It's a pain in the butt to get to the CMOS battery, but it worked for me.

HP laptop was working fine, it was left on for an hour this morning and then someone tried to change users and the screen went blank. Power button still has light as does the internet button so there is power.

Try holding down power switch till it turns off. My HP 8000 Pavilion some times locks up and this fixes the problem. When you restart it should reboot and correct its self.

If resetting the cmos doesn't help, we might be looking at a dead lcd backlight and the best in such a scenario is to change the lcd all together. cheers.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.