WARNING CPU HAS BEEN CHANGED. PLEASE RE-ENTER THE CPU SETTINGS INT HE CMOS SETUP
This has been coming on my sccreen for a year when I turn the computer on and I just press F1. Well now its started to just cutoff completely for no reason and then when I got to turn it back on it takes like 10 min. before I'm able to press F1 to get it loading. I unplug fumble with some of the keys. Whats wrong??? HELP PLZ.
SOME INFO:
MAIN PROCESSOR:AMD ATHLON(TM) XP 1250MHZ
MEMORY TESTING: 1015808K OK + 32M SHARED MEMORY
MEMORY FREQUENCY FOR DDR333 (DUAL CHANNEL MODE ENABLED)
There's other info but wasn't sure if its needed. I'd really appreciate some help on this one. THANKS A BUNCH!!!

Well to begin with your CMOS battery is dead and needs to be replaced. When you turn your computer off does it still have access to power (i.e. plugged into the wall and powered off with the front panel power switch) or do you turn off the power strip it is connected to. The CMOS holds the configuration information for your computer (CPU speed, amount of memory, size and number of hard drives, etc.) If the system has power available it, then it uses that power to keep the information intact in memory. If it is completely cut off from power it uses the battery which is normally good for a year or two.

One of the components in your systems may be on the verge or failing and it is taking a while to recognise what it is.

Hope this helps.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.