I have a custom built PC that I had stopped using probably a year ago or more. Randomly it started freezing at the motherboard splash screen and making one long endless beep. Well, I decided to try and pull it out again for tinkering. It doesn't make the beep anymore but it retains the freeze at the splash screen. There's a odd message on the screen that looks alien-like. Lol. Does this look familiar to anyone? I can't recall system specs unless I start pulling things out and I won't be getting to the CPU because I don't know how to remove/reinstall one.

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX or GTS
Motherboard: ASUS P5N32-E SLI
Power source: Thermaltake 750W
HDD: WD 1TB (Replaced it with a known working 320GB so its not the issue)
RAM: Corsair XMS2 DDR2 1GB

Can't even recall the OS.

Here's a picture of the message
http://i54.tinypic.com/149b8fl.jpg

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

did you try pulling the cmos battery for a few minutes and then put it back in then give it a boot?

that error means cpu error. make sure that your cpu and motherboard are compatible anyways if its compatible then try the following:
1. remove your hdd and video card. then power up, you should hear video card error. if it does then go to 2.
2. Install video card, power up.
3. if error persist try other Power supply.

hope it helps.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.