Hey guys. I bought a Gigabyte motherboard. Not top of the line, but it's good for what I need. GA-8S661FXMP-RZ. Something like that(I'm not at home right now).

I bought 1 stick of Kingston 512mb Pc3200 ram. Also have 1 512mb pc3200 samsung stick. It only detects 512mb ram.

I thought maybe the samsung stick isn't compatable..I bought anmother Kingston 512 mb pc3200 stick. Still the same issue.

My Bios is fully updated. I have no idea what's going on :cry:

Any suggestions would be greatlya ppreciated

Try each stick of RAM independently. IF they all show up as 512MB, then we can go from there. Also, how many RAM slots are on your board? Sometimes, boards with 3 slots use one of the extra slots as a designated Dual Channel slot. [Meaning, TWO identical (brand, timing, CAS latency, EVERYTHING) DIMMS] The identical DIMM will go into the 3rd (usually) slot. Leaving the middle one open for extra RAM... prefereably close to what the Dual channel DIMMs are.

Danyael

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.