is it possible to change the sata drivers on a sata hard disk? with a little help i can get around the xp wpa thing, but the upgrade to the new motherboard is being hindered by the fact that the dfi sata drivers aren't compatible with the abit drivers

i know there's no problem with the motherboard because i've just finished installing xp onto another sata hd to test it, and i know there's no problem with the hd because i can plug it back into the old motherboard and run it fine

i either get a quick flash of a blue screen saying something about corrupt drive or the computer just fails to get past a certain part of the POST

any help would be good

It is highly recommended that you completely reinstall Windows when you swap out the motherboard. While it is possible to keep an install (either by removing all drivers before swapping or, I believe, an over-the-top install/repair), such a drastic hardware change is best met with a fresh start.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.