I think I got that number right, guessing off the top of my head... My first PC was a Win ME eTower, featured the Celeron 700 MHz chip and though I swapped with a second PC, the BK630E BookPC made in China, which sported the same socket motherboard and Pentium 3 750MHz with 256MB RAM, I am only now just curious what chips work for the above mentioned socket...What was the highest Celeron range here? Today I was also informed if the FSB allows 133, should go to possibly 1.4GHz speed while the lower 100 front side bus will max out at 1GHz and I was told, that's on the rare-hard to get list. IF I get a handle on the FSB for each of my so equipped PCs, I hope to get each one pumped up enough to handle video along with audio.

The DeskPro I just picked up came with a Celeron 500MHz chip and I'm willing to trade up or just sell that one... maybe along with older, smaller DIMM RAM (PC66/PC100s) so I can increase my memory beyond 256, thought I have some doubts that will 'fly'.

BILL

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Moved thread to proper forum. Hardware Swap is meant for trading hardware.

Most socket 370's rareley go beond 1.0, some go to about 1.14 or there about ,you will need to change the motherboard to achive higher cpu.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.