hi there)
guys please tell me - how to solve this problem - open get access to data on the microSD usb adapter which doesn't want to shoe itself in my computer window (to be useful for ordinary windows user )))
big thanks in advance)

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Check your drive letters setting under 'My Computer / Manage' , if the letter that were assigned to the card previously are now used by another device, then it could cause the SD card not to get a letter, hence not showing up under My Computer.

commented: ++++++++++++ +3

, if the letter that were assigned to the card previously are now used by another device, then it could cause the SD card not to get a letter, hence not showing up under My Computer.

hm. as i understand problem isn't in this. if to connect the adapter without memory SD card -all'll be ok - the adapter will show as empty usb-device, but with the memory card it was showing only for one second and then dissapear from "my computer" window.
Could the problem be in the data, which is stored by card?
But i also have another microSD (kingston 1gb) , wich is also from mobile phone - and this one also wasn't showed up in the explorer (my comp.)

but the third card (transcend 1gb) was showed up correctly.

Originally my first card which i need to connect to PC was in complect to sony erricsson mobile phone , so i think that the problem can't be in disparity between microSD adapter and memory card models.

May be your adapter, I am just guessing here, but if the reader is of an older type and the cards are newer such as SDHC type, then it could cause read problem, but seriously, looking at your post, the problem dont seem to have an logical answer. What I would suggest is to use teh card reader and the 2 problem cards on a different computer, if you hit the same issues, then it could narrow down to the card reader or even faulty cards, otherwise, its a software/Windows problem on your PC.

the problem is same on the second pc (the first one - win XP the second -win 7)

Ok, this narrowed down the possibilities, if the memory card works in a camera or your cellphone, then chances are your card reader is not totally compatiable.

ok. may be as i said) thank your)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.