Hi I have a Sony VGP-BPS9/B laptop. It was working fine until I noticed that the battery wasnt charging. I heard the ac adaptor buzzing a bit so I figured the ac adaptor was on its last leg. So I ordered a new one. That didnt charge the battery. So I ordered a new battery. Still nothing charging.
I shut the laptop down, removed the Sony VGP-BPS9/B battery(new and old) and tried running the laptop just off the old ac adaptor.
It boots up fine and is usable but I cannot get the battery to charge whether its the new Sony VGP-BPS9/B battery /ac adaptor or the old ones.
Is there anything that possibly went on the board itself?????
I have been doing some research but cant find much answers out. I read some other people having the same problem but nothing answered in several forums I have read.
Bonjour à tous,

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

It could be a problem with the motherboard. I had a similar problem, and when I contacted the technician, he replaced the motherboard, and now it runs fine ...

My advice is that you have a qualified technician check it out, and they'll be able to tell you what is wrong with it ...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.