When the computer cant load windows.How do you troubleshoot to know what is wrong on the motherboard.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Try a program called oscar 2000, its ;load off afloopy disk and there is no need for OS , google it.
goodluck

We could help you if you could describe in detail what's going on with your computer...

i was given an emachine desktop. when i turn the machine on, i get an audible BEEP(half a second), then pause for a half a second, then a BEEP, and this continues over and over. is the machine telling me something in code, perhaps with this single beeping? would this machine be worthwhile to persue to boot? thanks, and the mobo is AM37 with AMDathalon
cpu. thanks again

Your computer has memory problems. First check video. If video is working, you'll see an error message. If not, you have a parity error in your first 64K of memory. First check your SIMM's. Reseat them and reboot. If this doesn't do it, the memory chips may be bad. You can try switching the first and second banks memory chips. First banks are the memory banks that your CPU finds its first 64K of base memory in. You'll need to consult your manual to see which bank is first. If all your memory tests good, you probably need to buy another motherboard.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.