I have a P5NSLI motherboard on my machine right now. For some reason when I am downloading off the 'net, my ethernet card will just freeze up and stop responding to the internet. As soon as I restart, it will reconnect to the net and work fine. I have a motorola surfboard 5120 modem and a netgear WGR 614v5 router.
I've tried googling and everything to no avail. I've updated the drivers from the latest on asus' website as well.

Thank you for any help

Wat version of windows are you running? What points it to your NIC card? Are you getting any error messages?? What browser are you using and are you using a program to manage your downloads? What are your security settings? Does your computer only freeze during downloads or does it also freeze while browsing the internet or watching videos on the net? The description of your problem is kind of vague and there are many things that would cause a pc to lock up during downloads.

Wat version of windows are you running? What points it to your NIC card? Are you getting any error messages?? What browser are you using and are you using a program to manage your downloads? What are your security settings? Does your computer only freeze during downloads or does it also freeze while browsing the internet or watching videos on the net? The description of your problem is kind of vague and there are many things that would cause a pc to lock up during downloads.

Hello Fellow Techies,

I am an internet technician by trade but when im not at work, I'm hardly on the computer anymore. I got my 1st PC in '99 and have built every PC I've owned since then. I used to enjoy playing mulitplayer games and there was a flight sim called F-22 Raptor that I was addicted to until they took the servers down :sigh:. I don't really have much time for games anymore. I am devoted to God 1st.. I spend most of time w/ my children, husband and family.. the most important things in my life. ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.