I just built my first computer, and I started it up, and it didn't recognize the hard-drive when I went to install XP. So I turned the machine off, checked the connections on the hard-drive and then turned it back on again. When I turned the computer back on, it boots up and then goes to a blank screen with a blinking white bar.

I dont' know how to install my OS, as when I put in the disk nothing happens....

Any suggestions?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Double check your jumper settings on your hard drive and cd-rom drive. Then make sure that your RAM is seated properly and that it is the correct RAM that goes to that mother board. To install windows from a cd you will need to go into your BIOS and set your boot priority to boot from your cd-drive first. hope this helps, let me know

If your HD is a SATA device, you may need to provide the SATA drivers during Windows setup. These drivers will be on a floppy which came with your mother board.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.