jaye 0 Newbie Poster

Pitiful as it is, I find that the media file collection on my computer is getting massive. I used to burn most of my files to CDRs, but now it's becoming a hassle to manage/locate certain files on certain CDs. Not to mention, it becomes a pretty darn expensive investment.

I was considering an external hard drive, but I'm not sure if this is the best way to go about with my particular situation. For those of you who own external hard drives, what particular brands would you recommend? Also, exactly how many gigs should I be looking at? Are there any other folks out there who prefer storing their media files onto external HDs?

Perhaps to serve as a guidance to finding better product suggestions, I currently own a Windows XP COMPAQ PRESARIO v5000 Notebook.

I am going to buy more HD disk space for my notebook itself, but at the same time, it's time to store away some of these files.. they are just getting out of hand.

Thanks in advance!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.