compnutt 0 Junior Poster

:) hi! everone. i'm going to install a 100gb maxtor h.d. in my emachine w3080 model w/ a 2.167 ghz athlon processor. it has a 512 mb mem. chip in it now & i am planning on getting another 512 to put it along side of the other. the reason why is my wife is on msn & yahoo chat all the time. afraid shes going to use up the 30 gb h.d. i have in there already. did have a factory 80 gb before & it went south. lost everything on it. the 30 gb is working fine for now. then she plans on getting her own web site, soon as i can figure out how to do it. shes so busy on it now that i hav'nt had time to install the components. how can i install the 100gb h.d. as master & the 30 gb h.d. as slave. or is it better to just put in the 100gb h.d. alone? planning on putting xp pro on it. i have xp pro on all my other computers. i studying on how to use a usb cable to transfer all the data i need from the 30gb h.d. if i only need to install the 100 gb by itself. is it a pretty easy procedure. i'm pretty good w/ a computer. thanks for any help i can get to get me going. david!!:cheesy: