Hi, I've been having some WIFI drop out issues with my mobo (ASUS P5B Delux WIFI) they were so bad when ASUS realized a new bios I grabbed it. I went though their flash utility and saved the old BIOS. It said it flashed fine and to restart, so I did and... problem.

It says "Reboot and select proper boot device". What occurred to me then was I'm running a raid using ASUS's own onboard RAID controller.
When I flashed the BIOS did I kill the raid as well? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

i flashed a compaq once and i needed to rebuild the RAID array so yeah, i would say thats what has happened here

Ahh nuts. Thanks.

FIXED! I am posting from the affected computer. I had to point to the RAID in an advanced section under HDDs of the BIOS so it would show up in the list in the boot section. Saved, reboot, JOY. :mrgreen:

yeah, for my compaq i just needed to tell the bios what drives were where aned what the raid type was

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.