Help Needed!
I am not a techie but read the guide to how to ask for help so here goes. I have 2 computers in my house running on the same area, plug ins, serge protecter etc. We had a brief power outage on Thursday and when the power came back on the only machine that would work is my old one that I am working on now. :sad:
When I go to boot the other one , I get a message stating- A drive disc error press ctrl alt del' but when I press that nothing happens except for blank screen for hours. My daughters floppy was in A drive at time of surge.
The equipment is as follows: HP pavilion 504 n, 2.0, 256 mg., 64 mb, cdrom,. running windows xp
Apparently we did not have backup and when I asked my husband if we should reinstall XP cd he said that we dont have an xp cd because this was pre installed and we bought the floor model. Dont know if this makes sense to anyone but could use help!
Beth

Help Needed!
Apparently we did not have backup and when I asked my husband if we should reinstall XP cd he said that we dont have an xp cd because this was pre installed and we bought the floor model. Dont know if this makes sense to anyone but could use help!

Hey, I have always been tarified that my comp would be affected by a surge, thats why I want to help. :) if you have any warranty on the pc then I suggest taking it back. when I bought my notebook, futureshop offered me a fantastic deal on warranty. So i suggest taking it back if its still under warranty. Even if it is not then they should still be able to give you a recovery cd:cheesy:

Hope this helps

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.