Upon leaving my computer idle for a period of time, I come back to open something and it says my paging file is too small or something to that effect. Sometimes I can get things to open but they close them selves after a few second. This happened after uber virus destroying. Any ideas on a fix?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Did you get rid of the virus? What did you use to get rid of it?

Please provide us with the exact error message.

As far as I can tell the virus it gone. I ran vundofix, combo box and hosts. This is what message i'm getting: The paxing file is too mall for this operation to complete.
Also sometimes if I have msn messenger running, one will come up as a c++ error and that something happened in an unusual way and needs to close. I don't have the exact wording as I haven gotten that in a bit.

How much RAM do you have, and how much virtual memory do you have? Your virtual memory should be about 1.5 times your amount of RAM.

You also might read this.

I also get this:

Microsoft visual C++ runtime library

Runtime error!

Program: explorer.exe (or whatever im trying to run)

This program has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more info.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.