Ok, I was in the middle of a game of dungeon siege when the power went out. I restarted the computer and it would show the video card then go to the boot screen. It would list the AMD 1gig processor and then go no further. I can't even access the CMOS or setup via the keyboard.

using a MSI k7n2 series with a 400fbs and a nvida2 gforcepro and 1.2 gig of ram

is my computer pooched?

I have taken out the battery to the CMOS for 2 minutes and restarted it after putting the battery back in. That didn't fix the problem.
The computer does beep once at power up so that is a good sign.

j-train1

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Try another keyboard.Also bootup hitting F8 and then select Last known configuration.

Try another keyboard.Also bootup hitting F8 and then select Last known configuration.

Nope, I tried a HP keyboard and held down f8 while the computer turned on and it will still get to the line of AMD processor and hang.

none of the lights on the keyboard flashed either like it should do when the power comes on.

could it be the serial input port is bad? If so I will try a USB keyboard. ..Nope that didn't work either.

the only thing left i can see is the the BIOS is corrupted or the CPU is pooched, but how does one flash the BIOS when it won't boot the computer?

I just recently had one come into my shop that the PS2's shorted over the +5vsb being high then it shorted the usb's.could try a usb first though take the ps2 and check it on another system make sure it didn't kill it if it did you may need another motherboard.that one will die.

I just recently had one come into my shop that the PS2's shorted over the +5vsb being high then it shorted the usb's.could try a usb first though take the ps2 and check it on another system make sure it didn't kill it if it did you may need another motherboard.that one will die.

i used an apple keyboard, works on PC's this didn't.

I plugged my old keoboard into a second computer and the lights came right on. So , i think that the BIOS or the motherboard,or CPU is pooched.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.