Iam using a Intel D845gvsr board , when ever iam starting my pc after the lights on the keyboard blinks for a while , then keyboard, mouse and monitor not working .

sometimes iam receiving messages like " overheat " on the screen only when the Harddisk is disconnected .

If my Harddisk is connected with Motherboard , no any peripharal devices are working , but the prosessor and cabinet fan still running

The whole problem start with a blue screen

How can i solve these problems , why it is happening like this , it is bcoz of some viresus or not?

Please help me with a practical solution

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

What caused the blue screen (BSOD)?
Have you changed any hardware components recently?

If my Harddisk is connected with Motherboard , no any peripharal devices are working , but the prosessor and cabinet fan still running

If I understand correctly, when you connect HD to motherboard, all other peripherals stop working. That points to your HD. It is probably shorting out the IDE cable or the IDE cable itself is cracked. Third reason would be upside-down connection to your HD (possible to connect it that way if you have 40-pin cable with both sides flat, but highly unlikely).

Overheating message suggests that your CPU heatsink is loose or clogged with dust, or the fan isn't spinning, but have no fear for your CPU is well protected against overheating.

Questions:
You say that monitor, mouse and keyboard aren't working... What IS working?

Do you hear any beeps, and if so, what is the pattern of beeps (ex. 7 short beeps and one long means VGA failure)

i agree with chaky, it seems to point to the hd, but if you can put it in another computer and it works, then it could be that the ide controller on the motherboard is faulty.

from the problems your describing it seems to be a motherboard issue. beep codes or post errors would help us determine the problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.