Whenever I try to install Vista or XP I get the same problem. It will boot to the disk after I get the message telling me to press any key to boot from CD then it will install but then after it tries to restart it isnt able to. I have tried multiple times and it still only goes to the same screen sking you to press any key. If you press a key it goes to the same install menu, it thinks you had a previous installation but that installation does not boot. Please help.

P.S. Im using a dell disk, could that be a problem.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

When it says press any key to boot from CD, does it have a "....." that shows up one . at a time? If so, your computer is probably set to read from the CD first so it shows this option. If you don't press a key, it will then fall back to booting from the hard drive, which is where your new install should be.

remove the cd after you complete the installation. or you could change the boot order in th ebios now that you have done the initial stage of the instalation.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.