My PC was brutally attacked by avsystemcare malicious software which advanced into mezzia trojan's and vundo...'s. I've managed to take all the steps to getting rid of eveything....or so it seemed. The second i think it is cleaned up...it appears again in the registry. I have reinstalled windows as a frustration end but it's back. Please help before i jump. It's a relatively new PC, it's worth the pain. Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Did you turn off system restore while you were doing all the removal etc. If not then ther is a real chance that a lot of it will return a the next reboot!
Turn off system restore and then clean up then reboot and then reclean and then turn on system restore!
Best of luck

I did the system restore instructions and then rescanned and removed ect... Looks like it worked, however....theres always a however, i can't get any updates, like windows defender, norton or even windows updates. Any help there?

P.S. I did not format the hard drive for reinstallation of windows.

negative, you may just have to reconfigure manually each one!
M

P.S. I did not format the hard drive for reinstallation of windows.

Doing a reinstall that way only replace missing window system file and will do nothing to get rid of viruses .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.