My computer starts fine and shows that I have an active internet connection (I run on a Cable connection through a wireless router)
However when I try to open internet explorer it simply never pulls up. When I check the processes of my computer currently running it shows Internet explorer as being one.
Also, I cannot pull up My Documents and when I go to the start menu then my programs the menu freezes.
When I try to start aim it will begin to start but stall and freeze at the last second.
I am not sure what the problem is because it has worked perfectly for all of today and in the recent past. Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions?

(I run Windows XP 2000 and have a Powerspec computer)

run a virus scan and defragment your hard drive. also after you do that do an ad-aware scan, spybot S&D scan, and then download hijack this from softpedia.com and scan with that then save your log and post it in the SECURITY FORUM.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.