In IE6 there was a menu File --> Open. That doesn't exist in IE7, or I can't find it. So I resort to using Windows Explorer and double-click on the *.htm file I want to load.

Anyone know how to do it like IE6 ? Or a better way (in IE7) ?

Thanks

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by jbennet

in ie7 hit a key (i think its either control or alt) and the classic File-Edit-View-Tools-Help menu comes down

Votes + Comments
Great suggestion :)

alt or Ctrl+o

It was weird not having the menus at first, but I use them little enough that I've started to appreciate the extra viewing space... all 50 pixels of it :P

[edit:] also, you can click the tools button on the lower-left of the toolbar and turn on the menus if you'd prefer.

Votes + Comments
Thanks for the info :)

in ie7 hit a key (i think its either control or alt) and the classic File-Edit-View-Tools-Help menu comes down

Oh yes you're right :) Thanks for that.

Yeah, alt-f brings up the toolbar, then go to view>toolbars>Menu bar and the toolbar will stay. Apparently they wanted to keep this a secret as there is no menu bar option from the tools>toolbars section on the right of the window.

or right click on the blank area of the menu bar and check standard.
Windows Media player operate the same away too.

Whats up with microsoft

I know exactly how you feel dragon. you do these thing so many time for other but when you need it for your self it's like you are at a lost. It's the simple stuff that will get you most of the times.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.