I fdisked to clean off a virus from my daughters computer. I brought it back up but her 98 didn't have her modem driver in it. We've looked everywhere to see where she got it from the last time we rebuilt her harddrive. No luck. This is an old Gateway with a "U.S. Robotics 56K voice modem" in it. It may be on her Gateway restore disk but I'll be darned if I can find it. Neither can her 98 find it. If someone has a modem of that type, can you e-mail the driver to me so I can complete her set up? If you have it, mail it to toolmanx@joimail.com

If I get one copy I'll get right back here and let you know so I don't end up with "e" to the sixteenth million copies of it. Thanks in advance.

Dick C.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I fdisked to clean off a virus from my daughters computer. I brought it back up but her 98 didn't have her modem driver in it. We've looked everywhere to see where she got it from the last time we rebuilt her harddrive. No luck. This is an old Gateway with a "U.S. Robotics 56K voice modem" in it. It may be on her Gateway restore disk but I'll be darned if I can find it. Neither can her 98 find it. If someone has a modem of that type, can you e-mail the driver to me so I can complete her set up? If you have it, mail it to toolmanx@joimail.com

If I get one copy I'll get right back here and let you know so I don't end up with "e" to the sixteenth million copies of it. Thanks in advance.

Dick C.

Got one. Don't send any more!

Thanx

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.