Can someone tell me if it sounds as if my computer has crashed?? For the past two days when I turn on my computer a STARTUP REPAIR box appears, saying "Your computer was unable to start. STARTUP REPAIR is checking your system for problems." Then the words "Searching for problems" and a status bar that moves very slowly (on dial-up connection). Today it froze and my PC is not responding to any commands. Even when I turn the power off and then on again the STARTUP REPAIR box remains. I bought this eMachines T3616 Desktop PC wuth AMD Sempron processor 3600+ last August 2007. It has Windows Vista Home Basic OS. Last week I saw the first of several error messages: "A disk read error occurred." I probably should have acted then but had no idea it would lead to this! Has my computer crashed? If so, what should I do? I would appreciate any advice. Thank you.

janda5

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I think You have to start fresh recycle the hardware that they are working properly or not in the cabinet (ram specially) and then install the OS and change the bios setting by hiting the keyboard F8 or F12 ...If problem still lies send me a mail i willl take care of you!

Go for the new start of installing of the OS,and bios setting by F8 or F12 it is final solution of your problem i think!If it fails mail me i will take care of you!

holmes008...
Thank you for your input but I think I should use my warranty before it expires in August. If I do as you suggest and make things worse (if that's possible) then my warranty will be null and void. Thanks again for making the time to share your advice.

janda5

holmes008...
Thank you for your input but I think I should use my warranty before it expires in August. If I do as you suggest and make things worse (if that's possible) then my warranty will be null and void. Thanks again for making the time to share your advice.

janda5

Good plan ,sound to me like the harddrive has failed ,as for has my computer crashed ,well yes sort of ! as for slow process bard [on dialup ] dialup has nothing to do with how fast you computer dos thing just how fas you internet connection works ! .anyway that said ,Send it back Now !!

My thanks to both holmes008 and caperjack for your advice.

janda5

My thanks to both holmes008 and caperjack for your advice.

janda5

your welcome,good luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.