Ok, I was trying to set permissions on an external hard drive because I could not access any of my files and a friend was trying to help and he told me I needed to start my comp up in safe mode. I couldn't remember how so we opened up config.sys and we clicked on a tab and unchecked a box of some kind of boot file and now I got nothing. The computer acts like it is starting but I never get anything on the monitor, it's like it doesn't even get a signal from the comp, and I know the monitor works because I have two comps hooked up to it and the other one comes on. It's like I have power but nothing happens. Can anyone help me please?

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by camthalion95

why dont you replace the config.sys on your HD by making it the secondary drive in another system

great idea, i will try it and let u know how it works, thanks

you put the HD in another computer using its power supply and SATA. on the back of the drive, there is a tab that is set to master. remove it, following the instructions on your hard drive, to 'slave'. then, put it in the other PC and - voila!

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.