MrDavo 0 Newbie Poster

Hi All,

I am new to this forum so I hope that I am posting in the correct topic space.

Currently I have a challenge with administering my IIS 5.0 installation. As I am running Windows 2000 Server I have no choice (to the best of my knowledge) but to use IIS 5, although I understand that it is recommended by Microsoft that at least version 6 be used.

I have successfully setup an FTP site within IIS. I have alocated the site a home directory, and I have accessed the site using the Administrator account and password.

Knowing that passwords are sent "across the wire" in plain text when accessing an FTP site within IIS I am not comfortable with using the Administrator account to access the site.

I have turned off "Allow Anonymous Connections" and I have created an account specifically for accessing the site. This account has been added to the FTP Site Operators list.

I have also set the Home Folder for the new account (within Active Directory) to the same Local Path as the FTP sites Home directory.

After all of the above I am receiving the following error message;

530 User <Domain>\<User Name> Cannot Login

As an attempt to resolve this error message I have performed all of the steps outlined at the following Microsoft Help page:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/200475

Unfortunately I am still not able to login to the FTP site with the account that I created.

If anybody has any suggestions regarding a fix for the above they will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Davo