Hi, I am residing in Mexico and have been playing a Disney online game ( hey not just for kids!) and on June 3rd for some reason I have been unable to maintain a connection for more than a few minutes. I have tried all the troubleshooting techniques I can think of. Port forwarding and triggering only worked for a half day then the disconnecting began again. I did a trace to the Disney IP address and discovered a timing-out router somewhere in the US. My IT guys and I believe that Telmex is blocking port 6667 because it is a IRC site, and well they donĀ“t like the competition. Of course it would be nice if Disney changed their port but they are as helpful as Telmex. I have also tried remote playing by taking over my computer in Toronto but the lag was ridiculous.

Anybody have any ideas for me? I really miss my game and my kids think life was better when I was obsessed with defeating the CEO.

I have a Dell laptop with both wired and wireless connections, routers, dedicated lines, Vista, and well anything else you need to know?

Thanks,

Nanc

A few additional details. On June the third there was a general crash of Broadband here in Mexico and I wonder if it was an event caused by Telmex? Since that incident access has been restricted to port 6667. I have been searching also on international laws concerning the blocking of ports and can't find anything. Little snippets here and there about blocking harmful ports by IPS's but nothing else.

I am giving up hope that I have any options, I understand that satellite internet is too slow and intermittent for packet-sensitve games.

Also due to the 0 replies, I think that this thread might as well be closed as a solution is probably not available with the technology we have today.

Thanks,

Nanc

Am I missing something?? Have you got the right thread?

Nanc

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.