I have a Dell Inspiron i8000 Laptop, and it will not boot up. The power does come on but it will not boot up nor is it able to go into the bios. The cooling fans do not come on either. I have takin everything out possible to try to resolve this issue. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Donald

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi, laptops are so hard to diagnose as it usually means having to disassemble and verify that the power supply is actually working. Just because the lights come on doesn't necessarily mean that it is okay. Much the same way a desktop psu will die, the lights are on but no one is home. The few laptops that I have played around with in this way are now in the tip. Much easier to take it to a service agent and get a quote...it may not be worth saving. If that is the case salvage the hdd and put it in a external caddy to get any data back.

Dave

I have a Dell Inspiron i8000 Laptop, and it will not boot up. The power does come on but it will not boot up nor is it able to go into the bios. The cooling fans do not come on either. I have takin everything out possible to try to resolve this issue. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Donald

I dont know what you could take out to help it boot, but if you are not getting the cooling fan to run, dont try to run it all all, you will only blow up the CPU with overheat. Take it to a tech!!!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.