Been awhile since I've been on DanWeb. Anyway, I wont to move a music license from my computer to another. I have acquired the license from http://www.directsong.com and I was wondering where the license is located on my drive. I would rather not use another license from this product, as I only have a few. Thanks in advance for any help or information given.

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by KalebG

Is this a windows media player licence?

If so somewhere in its menus there is an option to backup your licences

Thanks a lot. Now I was testing to see if I could restore the licenses via wmp. I got an error and this could be that I am ftesting from a computer that already has a copy of the licenses I am trying ot restore, or my firewall is blocking the windows server wma trys to connect to when restoring. I'll come back with an update if I get past it, but any help would be appreciated.

Ok I have found them in the registry and it works when I backup those files and place them in the registry of the second computer. Can now listen to the music freely without this license pest. Thanks for the help.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.