11 July 2008 I installed 2 or 3 Windows updates. I have Vista Home Premium 32bit.

On restarting the computer Windows will not boot either in Repair or Normal mode. There is a
Stop with error messages: 0x0000007B (0x81005BA0, 0xC0000043, 0x00000000, 0x00000000).

It is impossible to follow the on-screen advice to check for viruses, I cannot get that far.

I can get into the Setup or Boot menu but am uncertain as to what to do next, other on-sceen advice is to Run CHKDDK /F for hard disc corruption, how do I do this please?

I see from other forums that I am not the only one with this problem but the only one with Home 32bit - so far!

Some help would be greatly appreciated.

I have sorted it out now with a reboot from disc having been given a detailed article on the subject.

I did a Windows Vista update on my Sony Vaio Laptop and like yourself lost my operating system. I went on-line to Sony, with another computer only after I did a restore to try to fix a problem with no sound, I found out there was a problem in Vista service pack 1, which was why I did the upgrade to begin with. Now I'm out of options, I don't have a recovery disk. Have you had any luck? Sony tech closed on Sunday. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Vaio427

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.