11 July 2008 I installed 2 or 3 Windows updates. I have Vista Home Premium 32bit.

On restarting the computer Windows will not boot either in Repair or Normal mode. There is a
Stop with error messages: 0x0000007B (0x81005BA0, 0xC0000043, 0x00000000, 0x00000000).

It is impossible to follow the on-screen advice to check for viruses, I cannot get that far.

I can get into the Setup or Boot menu but am uncertain as to what to do next, other on-sceen advice is to Run CHKDDK /F for hard disc corruption, how do I do this please?

I see from other forums that I am not the only one with this problem but the only one with Home 32bit - so far!

Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Vaio427

I have sorted it out now with a reboot from disc having been given a detailed article on the subject.

I did a Windows Vista update on my Sony Vaio Laptop and like yourself lost my operating system. I went on-line to Sony, with another computer only after I did a restore to try to fix a problem with no sound, I found out there was a problem in Vista service pack 1, which was why I did the upgrade to begin with. Now I'm out of options, I don't have a recovery disk. Have you had any luck? Sony tech closed on Sunday. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Vaio427

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.