Hello, this is my first post and I hope asking a question right off the bat is OK.

So, I had Vista pre-installed on my new laptop and I thought I might as well install an XP partition on the small partition that came with it. I didn't bother looking at tutorials because I got through dual booting my desktop with Linux and XP just fine. So now I'm stuck at <a href="http://apcmag.com/how_to_dual_boot_vista_and_xp_with_vista_installed_first__the_stepbystep_guide.htm?page=4">This</a> stage except I don't have a vista dvd. A friend of mine can let me borrow his but if it's easier I'm wondering if and how I could remove the XP partition and return Vista’s boot loader.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

hi, load the vista cd and just delete the xp partition then then load back vista

Well, I'm wondering If I could remove XP without the Vista cd.

use your Linux (Live) CD to fix your partitions or wipe the drive and install Linux. Or just wipe the drive, use your buddy's Vista DVD and reinstall.

Thanks, that worked!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.