Hi, I have huge problems with opening programmes, I can't seem to get into the system restore or anything else. My task manager has 160+ processors running! I don't know too much about computers and have tried to fix this myself with very limmited skills. Broke up with the boyfriend who used to fix all these sorts of problems. Is anyone able to save a dansell in distress! please...:'(

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi, just for a start so that we may see what is going on would you please do this:
==download hijackthis: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download5554.html
-copy it to a new FOLDER placed either alongside your program files or on your desktop and then... rename hijackthis.exe to imabunny.exe
-in that folder start HijackThis by dclicking the .exe; now close ALL other applications and any open windows including the explorer window containing HijackThis.
-click the Scan and Save a Logfile button. Post the log here.

sounds like malware lets see that High Jack This Log

Hi, I have huge problems with opening programmes, I can't seem to get into the system restore or anything else. My task manager has 160+ processors running! I don't know too much about computers and have tried to fix this myself with very limmited skills. Broke up with the boyfriend who used to fix all these sorts of problems. Is anyone able to save a dansell in distress! please...:'(

Sounds like you probably have a tonne of spyware. This is causing your RAM to max out. The quickest thing to try here is download Glary Utilities. It is a free download. It has a one click maintenance option to help clear some useless stuff from your registry. It also has an option to disable programs that start automatically on your boot up. Try scanning with Glary and repairing any problems it finds.

Also in the Windows Run box type MSCONFIG and click on the startup tab. Remove the check marks from everything except the ones that are for your virus scanners.

Let me know how you make out!!!

Hope we didnt lose our girl here.if and when you read this,within your task manager what procesess what programs is using the most prossesor usage and RAM usages.post it here upon reply

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.